stars

stars

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Technique Tuesday for Cookin' Up Creations---Saturday Morning Diva

So by now, you are all aquainted with my sweet Papillion friend Chai.  Well, up until about two months ago, Chai slept on a (very nice) dog bed in our master bathroom, as she had since she'd been a puppy.  She never liked this.  She aquiesced, but she would always raise at least a little fuss, whining and scratching the door.  When we went up to bed she'd jump on my bed and snuggle in deeply, hoping either that I wouldn't notice she was there or perhaps that the cuteness factor would make me leave her there.  Well, I started leaving her there for a while, putting her in her bed after we'd watched some tv.  Then one night I fell asleep and she stayed all night inadvertently.  Of course, we've never gone back to dog bed, which now sits, unused.   She just wants to snuggle!  And...she is in no rush to get out of bed when the sun comes up! 

I made the background paper for this LO using the "Mums4you" stamp set from Stephanie Bernard, as well as her inks, licorice and guava.  I used a "Stamping off" technique, with the pink flowers, because I wanted a lighter pink.  Stamping off refers to inking up a stamp, stamping it one time on scratch paper then stamping where you want it.  It gives a lighter color.  I made the butterflies with my Silhouette and a small butterfly punch, using vellum to make the smaller one and coating both in stickles glitter. The buttons are from Doodlebug designs, and twine is by The Twinery.

No comments:

Post a Comment