stars

stars

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Romantic Valentines

These Valentines look so complicated, but they really aren't!  If you have a xyron X sticker machine and a paper trimmer with a ruler, it's easy peasy!   I picked out a bunch of papers that have similar colors or a coordinating color scheme (like the cream, red black), and made sure to use at least one with writing on it.  Then I made a card base from heavy cardstock and matted it using one of the papers and some solids. I cut one inch squares from the patterned paper and ran them through the X machine.  Then I adhered them to a piece of cardstock that was cut to fit within the last mat.  I adhered them diagnonally, making sure that the first row I did on the top of that paper had the corners lined up with the edge of the mat, with half the square hanging off of the mat. (I simply cut those off even with the mat after I laid them down)  I staggered the patterns in a pleasing way, added some paper lace, a metal label holder and used the little clown figure on pop dots. 

For the second card, I changed it slightly.  I made the flower with pink vellum.  I cut out circles of the vellum, secured them in the middle with a brad and sprayed it with pink glimmer mist, scrunching up the paper while it was wet.  When it was dry, I put a button and some embroidery floss in the middle of the flower.

If you make your Valentine a card like this, they will know without a doubt that they have your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment