stars

stars

Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter 2013

Well, it's *supposed* to be spring, but this is what it looks like here today: 

 
No matter, in a few days it will be Easter, snow or no snow.  Here are some Easter cards I made this year:
This is the one I made for my nephews.  It's kind of a challenge for me to make cards for them that are still fun but not too girly.  The paper and stamp are from Imaginisce.  I love their little stamp sets, and that they coordinate with their papers.  I used Copic and Spectrum Noir markers for the bird, eggs, and nest.  The "Happy Easter" stamp is from Studio G.
 
I love the look of banners, and I like using twine and bright colors.  This paper is from the Echo Park "Springtime" line.  I can't tell you how versatile this one pack of papers has been.  I've been using it and using it for over a year and I still have more to use.  It works great for small things like this. The twine is from We R Memory Keepers (Lollipop), brads are from Creative Impressions.  I printed the sentiment out on the computer using "Cotton Candy" font.
 
 
I had to make a special card for my newest niece, Emma Jane, as it is her very first Easter.  I used Bazzill cardstock, patterened paper from Making Memories (Boho Chic), ink from Versamark. I don't know who makes that flower brad...it's been in my stash too long!  Funny Bunny stamp from Studio G.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch to make the scalloped lace edge.  I cut the egg shape and the pink Peep bunny from my Silhouette.  I got this cute card idea from my friend, Elizabeth Mindemann.  She had done it with a chick inside the egg, which is also very sweet.
 
I hope everyone has a blessed Easter.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment