stars

stars

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year!

I saw this line by Graphic 45 and I KNEW I had to make a calendar with it!  "A Place In Time" is just like all of Graphic 45's other lines...gorgeous.  I'm so in love with that company. If someone offered me a job there I'd be over the moon!!!  Hey, I'd be the cleaning lady there if it meant I'd get a discount on their beautiful products! 

I have January and February completed so far.  

January:



I used images from the Graphic 45 paper and coordinating cardstock from Coordinations.  I used a Spellbinder's die for the matting behind the calendar, Fleur de Lis frames. I got a Grand Calibur for Christmas and am loving how easy it is to use.  I made the snowflakes using my Silhouette electronic cutter, inked them with Versamark ink and added generic rhinestones.  The small snowflakes are from Joleee's and the swirly silver brad on the tag is from Recollections.  Not sure if you can see it in the photo but I also used a Sakura glitter pen on the snowflakes around the "J" in January.


 

 
 
 
I used some generic buttons, twine from The Twinery.  I inked the twine a little bit with Tim Holtz "antique linen" distress ink so the white would look a little aged.  Silver charms are from Recollections, paper flower from Prima.  
 
 
 
I made this heart and the mat behind it with Spellbinders dies.  The mat is Fleur De Lis, and the heart is a die called "Timeless Heritage".  I sanded the surface of the coordinations cardstock to make the embossing on the heart stand out, then I used UTEE on the whole thing, making it shiny. 
 
 
March is up next!

2 comments: