stars

stars

Monday, September 14, 2015

Thinking of You.

There's a lot to be said for "snail mail."  We who make and send our own cards know that.  In this age of so much information, it's nice to get an old fashioned card "just because" or to let someone know they are on our minds and in our hearts.  I made this card for my step brothers.  My step mother passed away earlier this year and her birthday is coming up.  I know it's been difficult for them this year and I know they will be missing their mother on her birthday as will I.  My father and his wife were very much in love.  Before my dad passed, he told my stepmother that he would come back to her as a butterfly.  One day as she was sitting feeling very down, missing him, a big butterfly came and landed right on her hand.  She was full of hope and faith after this.  So I wanted to use two butterflies on the card.



I used Gina K heavy cardstock for the image, and sprayed it with glacier glimmer mist  on the top, and olive glimmer mist on the bottom.  I stamped the fence (not sure of the manufacturer on that).  Then I added the grass, flowers, bushes, dots, and leaves with various inks (Versamark, Distress Inks) and colored in the fence and butterflies with copic markers.  The stamps used for the garden are from Stamps by Judith, and the butterflies are from Making Memories.   The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn, "script sayings". I just love those sayings!  



The Stamps by Judith are a little different.  Many of them come on long sticks.  They are all designed to go together and really make sweet garden like scenes.   It's also fun to have a shape cut out, like an oval or heart, and make a border on a card with these floral stamps.  Very wreath like.


thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment